Purpose of the conference:
Rwanda we want will organize the 2nd annual conference on “The role of young leaders in rebuilding a post-genocide nation and dealing with its consequences” to allow the youth to have a better understanding of their role in rebuilding our country and dealing with the consequences of the Genocide such as trans-generational trauma which still occur today, 24 years after the genocide against the Tutsi. The expected outcome of the conference are recommendations from both the experts and the youth on how to engage and take active responsibility to rebuilding andre uniting this country as well as positively dealing with the consequences.
Objectives of the conference:
The overall objective of the 2nd annual Rwanda We Want conference on “The role of young leaders in rebuilding a post-ge nocide nation and dealing with its consequences” isto get r ecommendations from both the experts and the youth on how the youth will engage and take active responsibility in rebuilding and re uniting this country while also dealing with the c onsequences of the 1994 genocide against the Tutsi.
In clean-cut,the conference will aim at:
- Sha ring with the youth root causes of Genocide and the dangers that the youth encounte rs in the process.
- engaging the youth to reflect on their role in reconstructing our nation
- helping the youth to better understand their responsibility in dealing with the consequences of the1994 Genocide against TheTutsi
- engaging them to have an active participation in fighting Genocide and any form of division
- Engaging the youth to have an active participation in fighting Genocide and any form of division so asto ensure permanent uproot of the genocide ideology among the Rwandan society.
Expected Output of the conference This conference is expected to result in the following outputs:
- A youth equipped with knowledge about the root causes of the 1994 genocide against the Tutsi so as to avoid its repetition.
- An inspired youth determined to fight against any form of division and genocide ideology
- Youth determined to be future leaders that fight against the genocide ideology and promote unity as a way to development
- Educators with a good understanding of the cause and ways to fight against the genocide ideology which helps them to give proper lectures about it.
Date and venue of the conference
The Rwanda we want 2nd annual conference on “ The role of future leaders in rebuilding a post-genocide nation and dealing with its consequences” will take place on Wednesday 20th June 2018 in Gasabo district, Kacyiru II secondary school from 14:00 CAT (12:00GMT) till 17:00 CAT (1S:OOGMT).The conference will be organized by Rwanda we want executive committee.
Organization set-up of the conference
A panel of about four people and other various guests will be invited by Rwanda we want. The above will participate/contribute to the conference.Rwanda we want will prepare an annotated agenda of the conference.
The working language of the conference will be Kinyarwanda.There will be no interpretation provided.